Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Crystal Pistol - CD in the new year!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Sandy-Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    1,156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey all, was at CP last in Vancouver. Finally got to see them after making 2 previous attempts.

    Put on a great show, total attitude. I spoke to a few of the guys I know in the band and they're very close to signing with a major.

    Lets hope so, as we need a bad ass band to kick out the monotony of all this hip-hop drivel. I think the downfall of the hairband era was a lot of the fluff bands and bandwagon jumpers who diluted the scene into a joke (Band names withheld for protection of those may get offended) I think the hip-hop/rap scene is going to eventually implode the way the hairband era did. People that are innovative in hip-hop and rap have said the same thing, that a lot of and I use this term loosely "artists" that are making their scene look like a joke. Rock needs to be fun again, all these nu-metal bands are so brooding and serious. That's why I like the punk scene, It's about having fun and the fashion sure is a hell of a lot cooler.

    Holy crap I just went on a tangent. Anyway back to Crystal Pistol they'll definitely be putting out a full length in 2004. Opening band Chinatown was cool as well.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Inactive Member creeper2's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i've tried but i just can not get into these guys. they are not bad but they are nothing special. i agree with you on your downfall of the hairband era theory and i would throw these guys in there too. nothing new, nothing original, nothing that stands out. plus, for me the biggest selling point of a band are the vocals and they are not that good here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •